Followers

Thursday, 14 January 2016

50th Anniversary

Towards the end of 2015 a friend asked me to make a card/picture for a priest who was celebrating his 50th anniversary of induction to the priesthood.  I combined the card or picture by making an A4 size card, approx US letter size.

I'm entering it into the challenge at

Word Art Wednesday #217  anything goes


The cross-stitch pattern was from www.ursulamichael.com and was really nice to stitch.  I used Anchor threads and 14ct Aida fabric.  The A4 card was single fold without an aperture so I put an A4 size sheet of paper over the top of the finished stitching and, using my fingers, pressed it around the outside edge.  This gave me a sort of template by drawing about 3mm around the outside of the creases.  I cut out the paper from the middle and then placed the A4 sheet over the stitching so that I could see if I needed to make any adjustment.  When I was satisfied with it I turned it over and placed it on the inside of the front of the card and drew around the aperture.  I then cut it out from the card.  I used a strong dsst to attach the fabric to the inside of the card.  To conceal the back of the fabric I stuck another A4 card to the back of it .  I must say that I was pretty pleased with the way it fitted around the design.  To finish it off I used peeloff borders around the aperture. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is gorgeous. I can just imagine the work you put in this cross stitch design. I used to cross stitch and it's not easy. Wonderful job! We are so blessed you joined our Challenge weeks ago and would love for you to join our new Challenge still ongoing at Word Art Wednesday. Want to leave you with the inspiration of the Scripture in 1 Corinthians 2:9-10 which says, "But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”— these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. " Have a lovely week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete