Followers

Sunday, 22 November 2015

V for Violet

This card is a joint collaboration between myself and Elizabeth.  Elizabeth did the cross-stitch and I did the rest and it was for Elizabeth's mother-in-law

I'm entering it into the challenges at

ABC challenge  V for violet

Word Art Wednesday #210  anything goes


The cross-stitch design was quite large which needed an 8 x 8 card to show it off properly which I didn't have so put it together using two 12 x 12s.  I mounted the design onto white card so that the solid colour paper didn't show through.  I then cut a frame which I covered with the patterned paper and mounted it onto the card using 3d foam pads.  the papers are from a pack of Brenda Pinnick papers which I've had for a very long time from the days when I used to buy from QVC.  the colours in the papers are a really good match to the colours of threads used

4 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret - it's good to see you crafting in blogland again. I hope you and yours are well.
    The cross-stitch image is wonderful - Elizabeth must have a lot of patience. The matching coloured frame is so pretty, and really makes the image stand out.
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Sylvia :) I always have the best intentions of crafting again but sadly fail miserably. I have been knitting a lot more though and have finally mastered the art of crochet! I must see if I can link them in to a challenge sometime xx

      Delete
  2. The cross stitch looks like you are one fine artist. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 210th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card love your image and card design. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete