Followers

Monday, 13 April 2015

Black and Gold

This card was made for a friend whose niece turned 18 last week.  The theme for her party was black and gold.  I hadn't seen the invitation, also black and gold, and it was spooky to see how close my design was to the invite when I did see it

Sister Act #101 anything goes

613 Avenue Create #119  anything goes with an option to create your own challenge from list provided. I chose to do a 5" x 7", not on the list but a common size for me to use, birthday, gold/metallic


Using my Cuttlebug and the Birthday embossing folder I embossed a piece of gold linen card.  Also from the gold linen card I cut the number and the C using the Cuttlebug Olivia alphabet dies and the rest of the name with the Memory Box Classic Upper Case dies. I mounted the embossed card onto black cardstock and trimmed it to leave a narrow border before adhering it to the card. I attached the letter dies onto black card, gold and another black layer attaching it to the card with 3D foam pads.  I made the rosette from black paper edged with a gold metallic Promarker and black ribbon. I used a hot glue gun to stick this to the card and finished it off with the 18 topper.  The embossed card looks green below the name but it is just the reflection from the cutting mat

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely bold creation! I just love the gold and the embossing! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! I love this white-black-gold combo! It looks very nice! Thank you very much for sharing your great work with us at 613 Avenue Create this week. Good luck!
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really has the Wow factor Margaret. Love the rich black and gold combination. Fabulous!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation! Well composed and the background is so nice! Thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the wonderful embossed background is the elevating element in this design. Wonderful job! Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you are such a great witness to your faith! I, too, am a Christian, and love your blog! I just found you over at The Outlawz, and popped over to follow you. Hope you will follow my blog as well - love making new blogging friends! Hugs and blessings, my new friend!!!

    http://cherisheachpreciousday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti, thanks for your lovely comments. I'm trying to follow you but google is asking for me to sign and I haven't signed out, wierd!
      I will follow you as soon as I'm able :)

      Delete