Followers

Thursday, 13 November 2014

Trust in the Lord

It's been a while since I created a page in my journal but I must get back into the routine of doing something.  I'm entering it into the challenges at

Addicted to Stamps #121  anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #158  anything goes

613 Avenue Create #97  anything goes

Crafty Sentiment Designs  anything goes


This is a lucky dip of everything!  I got my file of bits and pieces of papers and, with my eyes closed, I opened it at random.  The poly wallet contained these lilac papers from Papermania.  I don't think that I'll ever use this stack up, I'm sure it must photocopy itself when I'm in bed lol  After I had attached the papers to the page I used a Tanda Stamp of a double running stitch over the joins using Memento ink.  next I routed around in my box of clear stamps, again with my eyes shut, and retrieved this set of Hero Arts stamps which I stamped with a brown Memento pad for a softer look.  I then coloured it with my ProMarkers and then cut it out leaving a small white border.  Using Letratac dry adhesive I attached the flower and stem on an angle on the page.  My next stage was to repeat the feel and choose method as before with my sentiments stamps.  I thought that the sentiment was perfect for the layout that I had created without sight for the choice of papers and elements.  I had trusted in the Lord for this one and he guided my hand perfectly.  The stamp is an Ippity stamp by Unity and, again, I used a brown ink pad. After cutting the sentiment to size I used a Fiskars 3 in 1 punch, Heritage, to trim the corners.  I created the journal with my Bind-it-All

6 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, I really like the patchwork effect! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely 'eyes closed' selection of elements here, resulting in a most pretty journal page. Wow!! Thank you for joining the gallery at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  3. the notebooks looks awesome. I like that it`s flat and you can actually use it without being afraid to destroy the decoration. :)
    Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  4. great journal page love the mix of papers and a great closed eyes choice result-thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great AJ page. Love the mix of papers and the flower looks awsome too. Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina GD Member at Crafty Sentiments xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, lovely layers and colors. Thank you for sharing with ATSM !

    ReplyDelete