Followers

Thursday, 13 November 2014

Penguin Fun

Why is it that I always want to spell penguin with a Q and not a G??  This card is for our daughter and son-in-law who are crazy for penguins!

I'm entering it into the challenges at

Sister Act #82  anything goes

613 Avenue Create #97  anything goes

Squigglefly #45  Christmas

Top Tip Tuesday   3 or more papers

Papertake Weekly  2 or 4 legs


I'm not a lover of tent fold cards, they fall down too much lol, but I do like landscape cards.  I cut my base card in half and on one of them I make a crease 1" in from the left hand side. I tore a piece of card to fit the front panel and roughed the edges with the blades of my scissors. I decorated this using Nitwits Great White North collection.  I printed off 3 background papers and tore across them to create the background.  I used a Quickie Glue Pen along the torn edges and then added Glamour dust.  I also used them on the top paper highlighting the snowflakes.  Next I used glitter glue all around the panel.  I did the small panel on the left in the same way before tying ribbon around it and adhering it to the back piece of card.  the crease then creates the hinge for opening the card.  I had trimmed the penguins to two individual figures, decoupaged them and then threaded silver cord through the card to create the reins which showed across the front of the first penguin.  I then added glitter glue to the second penguin's hat and attached the sentiment that I had done on my pc

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the sparkle you added! Thanks for playing with us again at Squigglefly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the penguins! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely Margaret and fits our challenge beautifully... thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly.. good luck!!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another very cute card, Margaret :)
    Thanks for showcasing it in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous penguin card, thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun card - love the penguins! Thanks for sharing it with us in the Squigglely Challenge.

    ReplyDelete