Followers

Tuesday, 18 November 2014

In The Beginning.......

I saw a card on Facebook with a scripture verse on it and thought that it beautiful so I looked on the site Cuddly Buddly and the digi stamp that I had seen was one of a set of 15 quotations.  The one I had seen was the cross shaped one, Proverbs 3:5-6 but felt led to the John 1:1 verse.  I am entering this page of my Word Art Journal volume 2 into the challenge at

Word Art Wednesday #158 anything goes

Allsorts #285 anything but a card

613 Avenue Create #98  anything goes, option Hello

The Pink Elephant #277  anything but a card

The Creative Card Crew #75  stripes



I much prefer to work in volume 2 rather than one as with it being spiral bound, using my Bind-it-All, It is easier to use when I can turn the pages so that I am working on one layer and not worry about embellishments on other pages.  I also like the way it will stand upright on my table and I can choose whichever page I want as my inspiration, spiritual or creative.  The striped paper was a magazine freebie and the other papers are scraps from my scrap box.  I used Nestabilities to cut the papers to size and used a white gel pen to draw the lines on the top and bottom on-point squares.  I had printed the verse onto Safmat from Letraset, a clear film which you can hardly see when it is burnished down.

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely Margaret xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful and pretty


    thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful text and a beautiful Journal Margaret.
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding layout and presentation of the scripture. This is an absolutely wonderful post. Thank you for sharing your lovely paper crafting with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret, this is so beautiful. And certainly an inspiration that we could use at the beginning of every day, keep in mind the entire day. Loved the diamond shaped panels, and those colors were so pretty with the stripe paper. Some of the products you mentioned are unfamiliar to me, but sounded very interesting (printing on the Safmat). This turned out so well. TFS & thanks for your wishes for our Thanksgiving. We Yanks have to remember that other countries don't observe our special day. Yet each of us has plenty to be thankful for, do we not???Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. Here's a link for the Safmat, with a description of how it is used. http://www.letraset.com/products/124-Safmat-Film/949-Safmat-Film-A4/
      I love it for when I'm scrapbooking as I can put the text anywhere on the page and I don't have to hand write it :)
      http://christianchickcrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/chocolate-sundae.html

      Margaret xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Margaret, this is really beautiful and what an awesome inspirational verse.

    Thank you for joining our stripes challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a really lovely journal Margaret, it's perfect for our theme this week.

    Thanks so sharing your lovely creation with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful journal page Margaret! lovely arrangement of everything! I'm so sorry I couldn't catch up very often!

    ReplyDelete