Followers

Saturday, 1 November 2014

Dotty about reindeer

Only five more Christmas cards left to make this year, might get an early start on next year's hehehehe!

I'm  entering this card into the challenges at

Sister Act #81  anything goes

ABC Christmas  V for very merry Christmas

Paper Pretties  polka dots

Christmas Card Challenge #48  anything goes

613 Avenue Create #95  anything goes option tags, boxes,bags etc


I love this patchwork reindeer from Woodware Stamps.  It looks really good when coloured with my ProMarkers but I love doing paper piecing with it.  A fabulous way to use up scraps of paper.  I stamped it twice onto card with Memento ink and on the one that was to be my base panel I coloured the hooves, bell, nose, antlers and went around the outside with a very pale grey, for the shadow.  I then stamped it on bits of papers that were in my scraps box which had dots on for the challenge at Paper Pretties.  I cut them all out very carefully so that they would sit together neatly using Letratac dry adhesive (sadly no longer in production) on the image that was not the base card.  After I had done this I coloured the heart and the holly with ProMarkers. I cut the reindeer out minus his hooves, bell, nose and antlers and used a wet glue to stick it on top of the base image.  I feels as though I've used a chipboard shape and gives a lovely effect.  I trimmed the base layer and used my Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper on two opposite corners.  It was only as I came to put the sentiment on that I realised I had done the wrong corners lol  I layered it onto kraft card and corner cut those corners too.  The sentiment was computer generated and mounted onto kraft card.  As I said I then realised that I would have to cover up one of the curved corners.  The background paper is from the sampler cd in the Crafter's Inspiration Christmas pack

5 comments:

  1. Fab reindeer, Margaret! Your paper piecing is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that reindeer - it's adorable! I agree,there's something about paper piecing that just makes a card extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect paper-piecing Margaret. Love the Reindeer - he looks so happy in his brand new outfit, and the grey "shadow" really makes the image pop.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margaret, I love this patchwork reindeer too! You've done his dress very cleverly with your coloring, paper piecing and snipping to add him to the pretty curved cardbase. The gray shadowing was quite effective. I love quilts so this cheery little deer is right up my alley. A very cute image, which made a most adorable card too. TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful Christmas card. Love the details with the paper piecing and the layering too. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge last week and so sorry for my a bit late comment. Still hope to see you back in later today joining our White on white challenge. Bettina DT Member at ABC Christmas Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete