Followers

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Be Still..........

This is another entry into my inspirational journal.  Now that I've finished my Christmas cards I'm trying to catch up with my journal and scrapbooking.  This will be during the 'wee small hours' when I won't be making enough noise to wake hubby in the next room.  Daytime crafting time is being spent at my sewing machine hoping to get my Christmas gifts  finishedin time!  I'm entering this page into the following challenges

Creative Card Crew #75  stripes

61 Avenue Create #99  anything goes

The Pink Elephant #278  anything goes

Crafty Sentiments Designs  use die cuts

Word Art Wednesday #160  anything goes


I took this photo with the journal standing up on my table as I have it during my crafting time.  The papers are from a Trimcraft paper pad, Wild Flowers, which has some gorgeous glittered papers, like the floral one which I have used.  The sentiment is from Cuddly Buddly printed on Safmat by Letraset.  I used Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8 to cut the sentiment and also a white one.  I cut the centre from the white one and then coloured it using a putty coloured ProMarker to blend with the papers. I placed it over the sentiment panel matching the decorative edges.  The floral paper was trimmed using Spellbinders Classic Triple Scallop dies. I also used a coral ProMarker to colour the Papermania flower, the centre of which is a circle from scrap card covered with Glitz glitter glue.  I put pieces of very strong dsst (red liner) along the joins of the paper and added Glamour Dust.  To finish I added some fine lines of Quickie glue pen and Glamour dust to the edges and creases of the flower


This photo is showing the page laying flat as it was when I was working on it.  The label frame hadn't been added at this point.  So much easier to work with the spiral bound journal.  Also the colour shows better than on the previous photo


7 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Lovely page Margaret! The colors are are so beautiful complementing each item on the page. Well done! The scripture is wonderful! One of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We so appreciate you're sharing your project & creativity at 613 Ave C Margaret! You have created a great design in my opinion with the papers and die cut combination. Nicely done!
    ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave Create – [Challenge #99 Anything Goes w/optional use Subway Art]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely project thanks for sharing with 613 AC this week Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Miss Margaret. I can imagine this is lovely to stop & gaze it as you are furiously sewing away, trying to finish projects. My hat's off to you, for being so industrious. My machine has gathered dust, since I discovered rubber stamping. Love the pretty DP you've combined with the luxe of the S/B dies..Really set off this verse. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty entry. Love the great stripes and beautiful flower.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew!
    ~ Crystal (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely project! I love the flower and the pretty colours! thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew for our stripes challenge! Irene DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty page in the journal! Love the stripe paper :) Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week

    ReplyDelete