Followers

Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Winter Birthday Card

I've made this card for our son-in-law.  Elizabeth and Martyn both love penguins so anything with a penguin on is usually well received.  Of course while we're having our winter the southern hemisphere is enjoying summer.  The image of the penguin with a surf board amused me as Martyn comes from one of the top places in the UK for surfing.  I also made it a blue theme as he is an avid Chelsea fan.  I'm entering it into the following challenges

Crafty Sentiment Designs  anything goes

Papertake Weekly  anything goes

Sister Act #77  anything goes

613 Avenue Create #92  anything goes

Whimsy Stamps #76  anything goes


The image I used is a digi stamp from Bugaboo, love their stamps.  I coloured it with my ProMarkers and then tore the card all round the image.  I printed the sentiment using Microsoft Word and tore around that too.  They were both adhered to corrugated card using Pinflair gel after I had roughened the edges with the blade from my scissors.  I distressed all the edges thinking of mimicking items that had been washed up on the beach.  The two panels were then mounted onto foiled snowflake card from Kanban and then onto plain blue card.  The design was finished by the addition of Card Candi which I had altered the colour of with a ProMarker

2 comments:

  1. Now isn't he a cool dude! A surfing penguin at Christmas truly different and so fun. Jacqui DT Sister Act

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great!Just love the fun image and the sentiment you've created to with him.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x (GDT)

    ReplyDelete