Followers

Sunday, 5 October 2014

Gone Fishin'

I made this card for the 60th birthday of a friend who is a very keen fisherman.  I'm entering it into the challenges at

Whimsy Stamps #76  anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #152  anything goes


Sister Act #77  anything goes

613 Avenue Create #92  anything goes


The stamp I used was of a design by Gary Patterson and I coloured it using ProMarkers.  The background papers are from Crafty Individuals and I mounted them onto burgundy cardstock. I mounted the image onto the same cardstock and then onto gold to give it more definition.  I used gold happy birthday peeloffs on the cardstock and borders along the sides.  I used the computer to print the outline of 60 onto the Crafty Individuals paper.  I cut them out and mounted them onto burgundy cardstock before placing them on the gold cardstock, slightly overlapping the numbers.  I then cut them out and mounted them on 3D foam on the card.  I finished the card by stamping Happy Birthday with Adirondack ink pad and my favourite no name sentiment stamp

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I love the image and you have colored it beautifully! Nice choice of background papers. Good techniques throughout! Thanks so much for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This image is just almost too adorable and too much fun and on occasion too close to the truth. Your background paper is very beautiful and the added gold reinforces the 60th blessing. Thank you for posting your art with us this week during our 152nd challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Hoping you have a fine, fun day, full of glorious giggles, with buckets of blessings from Heaven as you work, and play.
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret , you have been very busy since I last visited !This card is terrific ! Love how you have coloured the image ! Makes me think of my brother-in-law who goes fishing but unfortunately fell in the river last time ! will have to see if I can get hold of the stamp !

    ReplyDelete
  4. That image made me laugh! Casting fishing lines is dangerous! Lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete