Followers

Thursday, 23 October 2014

Candles 2

The challenge at As You Like It this time is what is your favourite style, cute or elegant, and to say why.  This is a very difficult choice for me as I love both styles equally.  It just depends on the reason for the card and who the recipient is.  So this time I have chosen elegant as my favourite style.  I am also entering it into the challenges at

Christmas Card Challenge #47  anything Christmas/winter holiday with an optional photo inspiration

613 Avenue Create #94  anything goes with the option of candy treats

Sister Act #79  anything goes

ABC Christmas Challenge  U for uncoloured


I used my Grand Calibur and Memory Box candle die and the largest Spellbinder's Floral Ovals die to create this card.  I removed the centre of the ovals die cut to create a frame for the candles.  The tips of the candle foliage just overlap the edge of the frame which adds to the dimension.  The frame and the candles were adhered to the card with pva.  I added gems, using Glossy Accents, to the corners to finish the design

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful white on white card! I have yet to try white on white, but I think you may have just inspired me to give it a try! Love the MB candles die and the Spellbinders frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card, Margaret. I love the white on white and the dies, very pretty! Beautiful composition. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It and ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cas card Margreet, love White on white so elegant and just perfect for our challenge. Thank you for sharing over on AYLI. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete