Followers

Thursday, 23 October 2014

Candles 1

I love this die from Memory Box, it's so elegant.  I'm entering this card into the challenges at

Christmas Card Challenge #47  anything Christmas/winter holiday optional inspirational photo

Sister Act #79  anything goes

ABC Christmas  U for uncoloured


There are some cards which have to be landscape in style.  I always have difficulty keeping them from sagging down in the middle to become flat cards!  To get over this I cut my card in two and then rejoin them along the short edge.  On the front panel, before putting the card together, I score a line about 1" from the left hand edge and punched holes in the small panel. For this card I used my Crop-a-Dile and then set eyelets into the holes.  I then tied paper raffia, from The Paper Cellar, through the eyelets and trimmed them to fit the panel.  Using strong dsst I joined the front and back panels together.  I used my Grand Calibur with the candle die from Memory Box and the largest of the Spellbinder's Decorative Labels 8.  To give a more pronounced dimension to the card I cut the centre from the Spellbinder's die cut to create a frame for the candles. The candles and frame were adhered to the card using pva. To round the corners of the white and green backing card (the green is a holly embossed card from Papermania) I used my Crop-a-Dile Corner Chomper.  The green card is flat onto the base card and the white is mounted using 3D foam pads



2 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card, Margaret. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete