Followers

Thursday, 30 October 2014

Baubles and Bows

This is the first card of my huge Christmas order, well maybe not that huge there only being five of them!!  I used to make tons of cards for various people and events but year by year it's got less and less.  Hubby used to get a lot of orders for me from his workplace but he was made redundant when the firm closed down and I was selling less each time I did a craft/Christmas fair as more and more people started making and selling them.

Anyway here is my card, I'm entering it into the challenges at

The Pink Elephant #274  anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #156  anything goes

Christmas Card Challenge #48  anything goes

Sister Act #80  anything goes

Creative Card Crew #73  bows


I made a card last week which was a 6x6 card using a Crafter's Companion embossing folder and gold vellum.  I really liked the effect and decided to use it again but this time as an A5 card.  I used a second piece of vellum to emboss the dotty panel again so I would have the design at the top and bottom of the card.  For stability I adhered it to a piece of white card, this also made the gold brighter. I wrapped black ribbon around to conceal the gap in the pattern and used gold peel-offs to decorate it.  The baubles, Spellbinder's stamps, were stamped onto gold card and embossed with clear embossing powder.  The name, May, was stamped in the same manner using alphabet stamps from the Clearly Hand Stamped collection from Crafter's Companion.  The brads are quite big and totally the wrong colour being plum but my trusty ProMarkers came to the rescue and I re-coloured them with black marker. I had put a mat of black card directly on to the the base card and then mounted the panel using 3D foam pads.  I also used them to fix the baubles in place and then finished off with black bows on the top of the baubles



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Margaret! I love the gold and the way the ornaments shine. It's lovely! I really want you to know how genuinely grateful I am that you share your wonderful creations with us each week. It means so much to me, and I can't say thank you adequately. Have a great week, and I hope to see you share with us again soon.
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, thanks for joining us at Creative Card crew with our bow challenge hugs Tania (Dt ) xx

    ReplyDelete