Followers

Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Time for tea

The challenge at Less is More #189  is a one layer card the subject of which is beverages


The cup and saucer stamp was a freebie with Craft Stamper magazine.  I used masking for this card but the opposite way round than I normally do by masking out the background using a post-it note.  I stamped the images onto the card and also on the post-t note.  I cut out the image so that when I put it over the image on the card the background was protected.  From the cut out image I cut the piece of paper out that was inside the cup handle and fixed it in place so that I didn't ink in the space.  


I used Memento inks applied with a piece of foam to the cups and saucers.  To create the pattern I cut a tiny flower from a border strip of one of the stamps in a collection from Crafter's Companion, Clearly Handstamped designed by 3 Birds.  The alphabet stamps that I used for the sentiment were also from this set.  I added partial shadows to the cups and saucers using an Ice Grey ProMarker


7 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS design and great masking job, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your masking off technique and using other stamps to decorate the cups, they look so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and elegant image there Margaret.
    Perfectly CAS and stunning colour scheme.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret what clever masking and stamping, I'd never have thought this is the same freebie stamp lying unloved in my drawer! Super creation
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great masking Margaret!
    The effect is fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never done masking and stamping though I like the technique very much. Must try soon :) You've done it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete