Followers

Saturday, 27 September 2014

There Comes a Time.....

It has been a long time since I did a layout in my journal, primarily for Word Art Wednesday projects which were not for sending as cards but somewhere to keep my entries together.  As some of you may know I suffer a great deal of pain with arthritis in my spine and find it hard to sleep.  Five hours (not necessarily in one block) is a good night for me.  At 1 am I was in my craft room looking at my list of challenges and I had the urge to do a journal page but not with the word art that is provided.  I am entering it into the following challenges

Word Art Wednesday #151  anything goes with the option of using the word art provided

Divas by Design  pretty in glitter

Outlawz Saturday challenge  to add a sentiment


I made my journal using my Bind-it-All.  The background papers are from my stash, possibly Making Cards.  I edged all the papers and the page with silver border peel offs.  I added iridescent flower peel offs to the plaid panels and put some iridescent butterflies onto a scrap of the same paper and cut them out.  All the iridescent peel offs have a silver edge to tie in with the borders.  I used a stamp from Ippity by Unity with Memento ink on plain white card and edged it with the same border as the papers.  To finish the page I added the butterflies just using the glue on the body and bent the wings up to give dimension.  I think it is really pretty and have had it standing on my work table so I can see it while I am creating other designs

1 comment:

  1. I like this very much. Oh boy do I know what you mean about sleep.... The DP is so pretty and all your add-ons are quite delightful. I do not understand about the edging but is surely looks good. Thank you for posting art with us this week during our 151st challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Sending you happy hugs, smiles full of sunshine, and many blessings as you work and play.

    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete