Followers

Saturday, 6 September 2014

Stationery or Stationary?

I must admit that this is my pet peeve! I don't like it when the wrong spelling is used lol  The Asda store in Wigan had a massive sign hanging over the stationery aisle which said stationary.  Every week when we were doing the shopping I would have a grumble about it.  In the end Adrian said that if it annoys me so much I should write and tell them, so I did.  I had a return email thanking me for pointing it out and they would pass the message to the correct department.  It took two months for them to change it.   I wonder if every store had the wrong spelling

The challenge at Top Tip Tuesday  is stationery and I'm also entering my project into the

Outlawz Tuesday Colour challenge and the colours are electric blue, lush green and purple

On the basis that our no longer needed items of stationery may need to be recycled or just thrown away has led me to "upcycle my recycle centre" lol with the addition of a few brads and a couple of bulldog clips. These are the large boxes of the cereal which hold a considerable amount of rubbish


My recycling centre was three cereal boxes clipped together with some bulldog grips for stability.  One for paper, one for card and the other for anything that I couldn't recycle.  They have served me well so I thought they could have a bit of a face lift lol  The top flaps were folded inside the boxes and stuck to the box with some strong dsst, again for stability


The papers are from a stack that I bought from QVC many moons ago which I have hardly used. Using my Grand Calibur and Spellbinders flower and butterfly dies and a butterfly die from Crafty Individuals I created the flowers and butterflies.  Before I assembled the flowers I inked the edges for definition and used brads- the in word for old fashioned paper studs :o)- to keep the layers together.  As you can see from the photos I took the papers over the edge and part way down the box so they are quite sturdy now.  Using the bulldog grips means that it's not as easy for me to knock them over!!



7 comments:

  1. Lovely upcycling!! I too have a cereal box for long time now and as I soon as I saw your post. I really got the inspiration to work on it. Will post it soon :) Thanks Margret :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to be a source of inspiration lol I look forward to seeing your creation xx

      Delete
  2. Margaret, I found you via Sarah George's link, and love what you did with the cereal boxes. This is a super idea, and would also work as a mail/bill sort center. Your papers are so pretty as were the embellishments you added. TFS such a good idea. I'll be joining as your newest follower, and invite you to visit me when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments and welcome to my blog. I hope that you will find more inspiration from my projects
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  3. A brilliant idea and so pretty, I think I may well be copying you, ideal storage. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant idea! I love the pretty papers and little embellishments :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea - recycling at it's best :-) Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this time and hope to see you again soon
    Hugs, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete