Followers

Monday, 1 September 2014

Picking Flowers

I'm not so sure as to whether or not I like this card.  I thought I would try something a little bit outside my comfort zone by using a few densely patterned papers.  It could be that there isn't enough contrast in the papers in that they're all pastel shades. Anyway here's my card and I'm entering it into the following challenges
Sister Act Card Challenge #72   anything goes

The Crafter's Cafe #79  to uses punches and dies

Word Art Wednesday # 147  anything goes

Divas by Design  happy birthday

The Outlawz Challenges   Friday Coloring challenge, a first time for this challenge


I've used three different papers from a Webster's Pages paper pad that was a cover gift with a magazine.  Looking at it now I think I have chosen the wrong paper to be the main one and perhaps I should have used the blue paper to make the border across the card.   I used a Spellbinders border die on the bottom of the card and the layers of papers and made the paper ribbon with the same die on both edges and another one to cut the design from the centre which I backed with some white paper. I bought the complete set of the border dies when they were first released thinking that I would use them a lot but I haven't used them anywhere near as much as I should.  I think I shall remake this card with all the same elements but in a different order to see if I'm happier with the design. I inked all the edges of the papers in a matching shade of Memento ink.  The image is a pre-printed outline from LOTV which was another magazine cover gift which I coloured using ProMarkers.  Again the way I've cut around the image may not have been the right way to display the image against that particular backing paper.  I might have been better using a shaped die with a contrasting mat behind it.  Something else to try on the remake. The birthday greeting die cut was with yet another magazine cover gift.  Maybe I should rename this post as 'making the most of magazine freebies' lol.  I finished the card by adding a gemstone to the centre of the flower

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely perfect, Margaret. You should have no worries about it at all. I too like contrast, but the softness and flow of these colours is calming and serene. I love it.
    Blessing hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This art is delightful. Thank you for dropping by. Sunny sweet smiles from Carole and the DT team at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely colourful and cheerful card! Thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  4. great card and thanks for sharing with us at Divas this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card. Love the subtle colors. Thanks for blessing us with your project for our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday...Please join us again in a new Challenge starting today. Leaving you with God's Word in Isaiah 40:8, "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever." Hugs and blessings!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card. All the pattern papers are beautiful and the border dies too :)

    ReplyDelete