Followers

Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Mmmmmm Chocolate!

For once I don't have to worry about getting chocolate on my card lol  The challenge at Less is More #188 is chocolate and mint.  I'm also entering my card into the challenges at

Sister Act #73  anything goes

The Kraft Journal #188  anything goes

Outlawz Monday greetings challenge  to have Happy on the project

I'm not sure that I like this card now it's done.  It looked so much nicer in my mind's eye lol  I'll leave it out on a shelf for a while to see if it grows on me, if not it'll go for recycling


For my chocolate base I used kraft card.  I stamped the Penny Black stamp, Garden Poems, onto a paper that was a freebie with Simply Homemade using Memento Rich Cocoa ink pad.  I also used the ink pad to colour around the edge of the card, paper ribbon and sentiments.  The sentiments are from a Craftwork Cards Kit, Chocolate and Marshmallow. Using a mint green ProMarker I added definition to the petals and leaves which I had paper pieced using Letratac dry adhesive (sadly discontinued so I'm hoping that my stock will last). I also used a ProMarker to add shadow to the stems and outlines.  I added the sentiments to the card with 3D foam pads after I had added brads to the sentiment



8 comments:

  1. Really Love this card and colours you have used. Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous sentiment here Margaret ... totally agree with that.
    Love your take with the colours and those flowers are stunning.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go along with this sentiment Margaret!
    Super card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret this is beautiful, hope it grows on you!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!. The sentiment made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your card, I hope you do too by now. Lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO pretty, Margaret. You really are one crafty chick, and I'm grateful that you share your talents with us.
    Bless you,
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete