Followers

Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Mmmmm Mint and Chocolate!!

This time for the challenge at Less is More #188 I've gone more minty than chocolaty. I'm also entering it into the challenges at

Papertake Weekly to use a repeated image

Sister Act #73 anything goes


Outlawz Monday Greeting Card Challenge  to have Happy in the sentiment


I started this card by stamping the teddy in the centre of the card and also on to a post-it note using Memento ink.  I trimmed the post-it image exactly on the outline and placed it over the image on the card. I then repeatedly stamped the flower, using Brilliance ink, over the rest of the card.  When I removed the post-it note the image is now in front of the background stamping.  Both stamps are from Stamp-It.  I used the Brilliance ink, applied using a water brush, to the teddy background.  The teddy was coloured using a few different brown water colour pencils which I went over with the water brush with a dabbing motion rather than sweeping the brush across to give texture to the fur.  I coloured a piece of white card with the Brilliance ink pad direct to the card as a backing for the sentiment stamp.  There's no name on the stamp so I can't give credit for it.  The sentiment topper was mounted using 3D foam pads



4 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Somebody is a busy bee - back again with another amazing card Margaret. Too cute and love the use of the mint and chocolate
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card love the colours. Jacqui DT Sister Act

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cutie Margaret xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Margaret! The painting of the teddy id very nicely done and the stamping is wonderful! Using a post it note on a card is a very creative idea :) It looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete