Followers

Wednesday, 24 September 2014

Lighthouse

I've made this card for the following challenges

Sister Act #75  anything goes

Word art Wednesday #151  anything goes

Outlawz Friday Colouring challenge   photo and colour chart for inspiration

Outlawz Saturday Paper a la Mode challenge  to use punches and/or dies

I have also used the sketch from  The Kraft Journal #190 but as I haven't used any kraft items I'm not entering it into the challenge.  It was just so right for the card that I was making


The background papers are from Molly Bloom's Christmas Carnival but are not exclusive to Christmas use.  A pity you can't see more of the paper on the lower end of the card but it does incorporate a few of the colours from the Outlawz Friday challenge.  I inked the edges(as per usual) with Memento ink pad and also stamped the image.  The lighthouse stamp is from Stampendous and the map stamp from Creative Stamping, not the magazine but a stamp manufacturing company.  I colored the image with ProMarkers and cut it out using a Nestabilities die and also a larger one using DCWV cardstock and inked with the same ink pad as the background papers.  I used ribbon from my stash across the join of the two papers.  The map was stamped on some paper from my stash, inked the edges as before and mounted onto the DCWV cardstock and inked the edges again.  All the toppers were mounted using 3D foam pads.  I finished the top panel by adding some metal photo corners.  I haven't added a sentiment as yet as I don't have one in the right size with an appropriate font.  Hopefully I'll pick one up at Port Sunlight next week.  Looking at the card now I wish that I had added another layer between the top paper and the topper.  I think it looks a bit bare


2 comments:

  1. Pretty image, nicely colored....made for a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing with us, Margaret. Have a blessed week and God bless you always, my sweet friend!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete