Followers

Friday, 1 August 2014

Red and green

Red and green together means two things for me.  The juicy redness of strawberries with the green courts of Wimbledon for one and the other, of course, is the colours of a traditional Christmas.  Well Wimbledon has been and gone so I suppose I'll have to go for Christmas :) for the following challenges

Paper Pretties  Red and green

Creative Card Crew #67   Christmas

Christmas Card Challenges #35  Anything goes


Once again I've used the Forever Friends A Christmas Tale paper stack.  This time I have used the 3D foam for the decoupage as this one will be hand delivered.  I added shading around the gingham paper with a green Memento ink pad.  In order to keep the gold chord in place after wrapping it around the layers I used a Fiskars tiny hole punch to cut little notches along the edges of the card pieces.  I hate it when the chord slips around when I'm trying to wrap it so this method saves me some aggravation!  And it adds a decorative touch too

Materials used

Forever Friends A Christmas Tale paper pack
3D foam 
Gold chord from stash 
Memento ink pad
Fiskars tiny hole punch


5 comments:

  1. So sweet. Great use of the gold twine.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful Christmas card Margaret! So quaint! Thanks for joining in the festive cheer for our Christmas challenge at Creative Card Crew this fortnight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Margaret. Thanks for visiting xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card! The images are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good luck. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete