Followers

Tuesday, 26 August 2014

Quick(ish) and Easy

The challenge at ABC Christmas is Q for Quick  and easy.  My card started out as quick and easy but from making my card blank to sticking my contact details on the back actually took three and three quarter hours!!!!  Not because the card is in any way difficult but a friend called in for a coffee and was here for a few hours lol

I am also entering it into the following challenges

Sister Act #71  anything goes

613 Avenue Create #86 anything goes with the option to create a post it note holder

Christmas Card challenges #39 anything goes with the option of following a photo inspiration

Top Tip Tuesday  anything goes .  Also at Top Tip Tuesday (as the name implies) love to showcase peoples hints and tips for better creations. So before I show my card I'll share a tip that I have used in it's creation

Top Tip Tuesday
I have been using peeloff stickers on my cards for many years and have never had an issue with the adhesion properties of them apart from the translucent glitter ones like those on my card. I only realised this a couple of years ago as I was writing out my Christmas cards and some of the stickers came off.  Rather than throw the stickers out I now apply a few dots of Glossy Accents or Glitter glue to them before putting them on the cards.  Since doing this I have had no problems with the stickers coming off no matter how long in advance the cards were made.  So, now to my card


To create my landscape card base I cut two pieces of card 10cm x 21cm and on one of them scored a line 2.5cms in from the left hand side.  I stuck them together along the small panel.  I cut the background paper slightly smaller than the card base for both the large and small panels of the card and attached them using a glue runner.  The decoupaged bears were die cut so it was just a matter of popping them out of the carrier sheet which is part of a Forever Friends paper stack.  Rather than using 3D foam pads I stuck the layers together using Letratac from Letraset which is a dry adhesive which becomes permanent once it is burnished down.  Unfortunately this is no longer in production but I have managed to get hold of a few packets which should last me a while :o)  This still gives some dimension to the element making it more like a chipboard sticker.  I attached the peeloff trees and sentiments using Glossy Accents as an added security for them not to fall off the card (see my top tip above).  I then punched two holes in the small panel and threaded through some paper ribbon and tied it in a knot.  Once I had trimmed the ends to the desired length I spread the ribbon out and tore them back to the knot making it look as though there were a few strands together.  My final addition was some spots and lines drawn with a Quickie glue pen and then added some Glamour Dust to give the card some sparkle. I think that writing the instructions for putting this card together makes it sound a lot more tricky than a quick and easy card but, honestly, it took hardly any time at all


10 comments:

  1. A wonderful sparkly Christmas card. The bears are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet card..thank you for sharing this card with us at Christmas card challenges

    hugs
    Roselany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific card! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so pretty, Margaret!! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our Anything Goes challenge xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    Please visit our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/avenue613

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us here at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  7. flabby card, thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday and ABC Christmas challenge this time, hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you think my card is flabby lol :)

      Margaret xx

      Delete
  8. Wonderful card. Love your tip as wel. Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...such a sweet card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete