Followers

Thursday, 14 August 2014

Penguin card

You'd be forgiven to think that I could have enough of penguins after making my daughter's wedding stationery, over two hundred pair of penguins all hand coloured with my trusty ProMarkers lol but I have to make sure that I make at least one Christmas card with them on to give to Elizabeth and Martyn!  So the challenge at ABC Christmas this time was perfect for me, it being P for penguins.

I am also entering it into the challenge at Christmas Card Challenges #37 which is anything goes with the option of using the colour combo suggested.  I've chosen not to use the option this time


I love using landscape cards but I always have a problem keeping them upright!  I now cut my cards so that I can stick the front and back together down the left hand side and decorate the small panel as the main body of the card.  This means that they open the same way as a portrait card, simples :)

The papers and the penguins are from the Nitwit Great White North collection and I printed the penguins three times so that I could decoupage them using 3D foam pads.  The image did have printed thread between the two penguins but I decided to cut that part off and use silver thread instead.  The white panels I distressed around the edge with my scissors to 'fluff' them and then added Glamour Dust after applying a Quickie glue pen.  The three backing papers I tore into strips and layered them.  I applied the Quickie glue pen and Glamour Dust to the torn edges.  I finished the design using a holographic peeloff sticker

2 comments:

  1. cute penguins!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Margaret. Those penguins are adorable. Great papers too. Thank your for sharing this with us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete