Followers

Friday, 15 August 2014

Here comes summer

As a family we haven't spent much time together over the past three years with Michael being posted overseas and Martyn and Elizabeth being in Abingdon.  Now that Michael and his little family are posted on mainland UK, albeit still down south, and Elizabeth and Martyn have moved up near us we're hoping that we will be able to get together more often. The last time we were all together was for F-i-L's funeral in February :(
When we went on our holiday in July Michael, Aisling and Bronwyne and Elizabeth and Martyn came to spend the weekend with us.  We had a lovely time together and it was a pity that they all had to go back home so soon.  Hopefully it won't be too long before we are together again. We visited the Sea Life centre and had our photo taken before we went in, we had to pretend that we were frightened of the plastic shark that the photographer was waving at us lol.  When we saw the photos we could choose a frame to suit it.  We decided that the piranha frame was the best and we bought a couple of them.  It's perfect for a scrapbook page.

I'm entering it into the challenges at
613 Avenue Create  anything goes with the option of sights, sounds of summer

Word Art Wednesday #145  anything goes

Divas by Design  so charming, to use a charm


I can't remember which designer created the background paper, I've had so long and it was before I started keeping a record of items for writing up on challenges.  The bathing huts and the starfish corner were taken from the Seaside paper pad from Crafty Individuals and the bunting and seagulls from a collection by Emma Ball.  I mounted the photo onto kraft card which I had distressed by rubbing the edges with the blade of my scissors.  The journalling is hidden under the photo and is more or less what I had described earlier in the post.  I created the writing on the left hand side using my computer, printer and Safmat film from Letraset.  It is one of my favourite things to use on my pages and cards when I want to put writing on or make my own stickers.  In the photo below you can see the letters in more detail.  I used alphabet stamps from Dimension Stamps to print the letters onto sandpaper and I then cut them out.  Using Versamark ink pad and a few layers of ultra thick embossing enamel on the bottom half of the letters gives the effect of them being in water.  I was really pleased with how they turned out.  I used 3D foam to attach them to the page.  And lastly, I added a charm in the bottom right hand corner of a sandcastle


3 comments:

  1. What a fabulous layout, Margaret. It sure looks like a fun time was had by all. Thanks so much for sharing in our challenge this week. I always enjoy your participation and fellowship.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful layout and thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here goes summer. It is so cold here. A beautiful page and your fear of the shark is duly noted. We are always so happy when you take time to post with us.
    God Bless you,
    Carole, Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete