Followers

Sunday, 10 August 2014

Happy Anniversary!

This week Adrian and I will be celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary and I always try and do something different for his card.  When I saw the challenge at Papertake Weekly was an anything goes challenge with an option of using torn paper I thought that I would give it a try.  I've used torn papers before but it's been a while since I've used that technique.

I am also entering it into the challenges at Sister Act #69 and Word Art Wednesday which are both anything goes challenges


The colour doesn't show very well on my screen, although it might be because of the light, but the light papers are white with a pale denim blue pattern and the others are a deeper denim blue.  The papers, topper and sentiment panels are all from a Hot Off The Press paper pad that I've had for a very long time.  I'm not 100% certain but I think it was called the Heritage collection.  I mounted the tag and word panels onto black card for emphasis and used my Perfect Layers rulers to get the same size borders.The ribbon was upcycled from some gift packaging and I used a heart charm from another old and ancient purchase this time from QVC.  I am trying my best to use up old stash and not purchase anything new other than the basic items, adhesives, envelopes and suchlike.  I used 3D foam pads for the toppers and finished the whole thing off by adding gems to the word panels and the top right-hand corner for balance

4 comments:

  1. The torn papers look great and love the little tag and words you have added.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you a very Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Margaret! This is lovely, and I always enjoy your sweet cards. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete