Followers

Thursday, 28 August 2014

As You Like It

The challenge at As You Like It is to use your favourite season and say why it's your favourite.  I love spring.  The newness of everything, the pastel colours that are all around, Easter and what it means to me as a Christian and the promise of the summer to come. I am also entering my card into the following challenges

Divas by Design  Happy Birthday
(Shopping our stash)SOS #166  to use items with A,B,C- acetate, butterflies, Card Candi. A new challenge blog for me
The Pink Elephant #265  anything goes
Crafty Sentiments Designs  Animal crazy
613 Avenue Create #86 anything goes
Sister Act #71 Anything goes
Addicted to CAS geometric
Top Tip Tuesday  anything goes and I have a tip

When Card Candi first hit the shelves I bought quite a few different colours but never seemed to have the exact shade that I wanted.  I have now bought a big pack of white and I colour them myself with my Promarkers so I have the perfect colour every time. This also leaves me with pennies to spend on the fancy Candi, spots, stripes etc Now my card


When I first started with stamping and colouring I would always colour the image and then search through my papers for something to go with it.  I usually found this quite difficult and would get a bit frustrated with it all.  Then I came across a tip from a more seasoned crafter to choose your papers first and colour your image to match.  Perfect!  I wish I'd come across that one earlier than I did.  The papers I've had in my stash for quite a while and I can't remember anything about the designer etc.  The image is a pre-stamped LOTV design, from a magazine cover gift, and I coloured it with ProMarkers.  I also coloured the Card Candi with a Promarker to match the colour in the papers.  The peeloff butterflies I put onto acetate and cut them out.  This meant they were stronger and I could bend the wings up for dimension.  I finished the design with a sentiment stamp from Polka Doodles, the 'wishes' is only an outline so I filled it in with another matching ProMarker.  The image and the backing card were cut using Spellbinders Nestabilities.

PHEW!!! all finished, thanks for staying until the end
Margaret xx

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Margaret! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash! Hope you'll come back to join us again now that you've found us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great image and coloring! Thank you for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday. Amy A., DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choosing the paper and then coloring! Thanks for the tip :). Your card is lovely! The pattern you've put your designer papers is beautiful and the image so warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely done! Thanks for dropping this off by our house here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    Please visit our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/avenue613

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your work is so special. It is as though your spirit and energy are projected into what you create and reaches out and touches all who see it. Very nicely done indeed. Thanks for playing along with us here at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable - lovely patchwork effect with the DP and your colouring matches beautifully :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card with such a sweet image.
    Thanks for joining in at Crafty Sentiments this week, good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card and the design shows the image off beautifully.The Candi's and butterflies are lovely additions.A delightful colour palette too.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for playing with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday’s anything goes Challenge! This is beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Karen C GDT

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving the design layout, thanks for sharing over on our challenge on divas by designs x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the patchwork, and the blue and yellow gingham! Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very nice - the soft papers go wonderfully with the sweet image!
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete