Followers

Thursday, 31 July 2014

Material Girl

Material Girl is the topic of the current Top Tip Tuesday challenge.  As well as challenge entries they like to share hints and tips with their followers and love to hear of theirs too.

I am also sharing this with Divas by Design  anything goes

Word Art Wednesday #143 Anything goes

 So before I show my entry I'll share a tip with you too.  It's one I use when both scrapbooking and card making.  When I'm putting cards into envelopes and pages into sleeves if they are 3 dimensional I cover them with a sheet of plain paper. This stops embellishments from getting caught up and/or damaged on the the envelope or sleeve.  Once they're in just slide the piece of paper out and the elements will all be intact.  Simples!

Now my entry.  It's neither a scrapbook page or card after giving you the tip lol. It's a page in my art journal.  I'm still new to this and as yet have to find a style of writing that I'm happy with.  My own handwriting is really untidy so I'm finding it quite difficult to be tidy(ish). If you're interested in trying this out check out the Doodle Page link on my side bar and Lori's blog at http://elviestudio.blogspot.co.uk/

I've recently got the sewing bug back after a very long absence and I'm enjoying patchwork and bag making in particular and I've tried to show this on the page.


Materials used

Moleskine Journal
Aquatone water colour sticks from Derwent and water brush
Graphite pencil
Uni Pro fine liners



3 comments:

  1. This is a super art journal page and one I'm sure a good many people can relate too, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card, Margaret! Thanks for sharing your talents with us.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journal page is fabulous! Great tip too! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete