Followers

Tuesday, 6 May 2014

As You Like It

The challenge at As You Like It is to use you favourite item for recycling and say why. I collect ribbons from the shoulder seams of tops and dresses and ribbon and bows from gift items.  I love to use them as bows, as a border or slotted through some lace.  Collecting them this way means that I don't have to go out buy lots of ribbon in different colours as most of the time only a small amount is needed.  If I don't have the shade I want I use my Promarkers to colour the ribbon.  The family laugh at me as I carefully remove them and wonder who's card it will be on.  At least the 'boys' are safe lol.

I am also entering it into the ABC Christmas challenge I for Ice, the silver card is embossed cracked ice

Sister Act challenge 55 Anything Goes

Papertake Weekly Anything Goes

Word Art Wednesday 131  Anything Goes

The ribbon on this card was from a toiletries gift set last Christmas.


I used a Sweet Poppy stencil and Imagination Crafts Sparkle Medium in silver on semi-gloss red card.  When the paste was dry I trimmed the card and layered on silver cracked ice card, red again and then the silver before mounting the topper onto the card. To ensure that my layers were all the same distance apart I used Perfect Layers rulers.  When I lifted the stencil from the card I smudged some of the Sparkle Medium so I used the bow to cover it.  I tried smaller bows but they looked really silly where I needed it to be but, to me, this big chunky bow looked perfect and I used a couple of large glue dots from Stix2 to attach it to the card

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you Margaret! Those pesky ribbons are a pain in tops, much better to use them for crafting!! Love your sparkly card.
    Hugs
    Annette
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, thanks for joining us at ABC Xmas and As You Like It! (I'm on my DT rounds now, but see I've already visited without looking at what challenges you were entering!)

      Delete
  2. Lush ribbon great way to use those unwanted straps
    Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL, Margaret. I love the silver on the red. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us, and have a blessed week!!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would we do without bows and butterflies? This is such a beautiful card. Thank you for taking time to share with us today at Word Art Wednesday. Many Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Margaret :-) I love the silver and red together, the whole design is lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. popping back to thank you for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge too! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete