Followers

Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Word Art Wednesday #129

The challenges at  Word Art Wednesday #129  are always anything goes with the option of using the free word art provided. I have opted out of using the word art for this project.  My daughter and son-in-law will be moving house in June so I may give them this picture for their new home.  I did have it for sale on Ebay but it didn't generate much activity and I had no offers on the auction :o(


To create the initial layer of the picture I used an 8" x 8" deep framed canvas.  I then added a chipboard tree and bird house from Crafty Individuals using pva. For the lettering I used an upper case alphabet from Memory Box.  I cut enough letters from card to be able to stick them together so that they would be quite raised from the canvas.  I then painted over everything with white acrylic paint using several coats until I was happy with the coverage.I left it a couple of days to make sure that it was really dry before giving the tree, birdhouse and lettering a good layer of Glossy Accents



6 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret - this is fabulous, and perfect for someone moving to a new home. It would be lovely as a decorative wall-hanging too.

    Hope all is well with you and yours - hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret, good to hear from you! Hope you are well. Have enjoyed reading your recent blog entries. However, I was sorry to read about your Father-in-law passing away. This is a lovely wall hanging and I love how you've made it. Luv & Hugs, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOw this is so different and I LOVE it! also thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to seeing your knitted Peppa Pig! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO cool, Margaret. I love the texture, and want to thank you for sharing with us in our challenge this week. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card, and a lovely new home gift xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely creation...Love the white on white and the simple lay-out. So blessed to have you join our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again for a new Challenge that started today. Leaving you with God's Word in John 6:35, "Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty." Hugs always...

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete