Followers

Monday, 31 March 2014

Hi my friends and a challenge

Hello everyone.  After another lengthy gap I am back.  Unfortunately my dear FiL, who had been ill from the week before Christmas, passed away a month ago. We've been so busy with everything and starting to clear his house I haven't really had the time or the inclination to be making any cards. Today I decided to have a go at a couple of challenges and have made some cards.

The challenge at ABC Christmas challenge is F for Family and Friends showing a personalised element


I've made this card for a friend who always asks me to make Christmas cards for various family members.  The design of the card is from a copy of Card making and Papercraft.  The tree is made up of scraps of papers rolled up.  I attached the buttons using Glossy Accents and also used it on the background for a snowflake effect.I put the star brad on top of the tree before I matted the white card to the brown.  Using a fine liner I sketchily went around the card to create a frame and added gemstones.  Finally I used the computer to generate the sentiment panels which I adhered to brown card before adding to the card with 3D foam pads

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss Margaret. It must be a very stressful time for you and your family.

    Your Christmas Tree is so beautiful - love how you created the layers with various patterns of rolled-up paper. I think it may find it's way onto my Pinterest "Elegant Christmas Card" board!
    Sending you big hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Margaret :-) I love the rolled up paper idea for the tree, I never saw anything like this before ! what a great way to use up scraps !

    I am sorry to hear your sad news, sending a hug xxxx

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete