Followers

Sunday, 9 February 2014

Top Tip Tuesday

I am entering my card into the challenges at

Top Tip Tuesday a girly design

Papertake Weekly  anything goes

Sister Act  anything goes

Divas by Design  to use die cuts

As You Like It  showcase your favourite style and explain why:    I look at cards which are heavily embellished with lots of layers and flowers and think how gorgeous they are but when I have a go at that style myself I'm never comfortable with what I've made. So my favourite style?  A couple of papers and layers(flat or 3D), a topper again flat or 3D,  using a stamped image that I have coloured with ProMarkers and a sentiment. I don't know if there is a style name for it but I do know that it's not CAS as there is no 'white space' but it is what I would call 'clean and tidy' lol 


I have made this card over and over with this stamp and always use different papers and colours, choosing the colour of the image from the background papers.   For this card I've chosen the colours used on the image from the coloured spots on the bottom paper. I've yet to make one where I'm not happy with how it looks.  The image is called Blissful from Little Claire Designs, stamped with a Memento ink pad and coloured with Promarkers and the sentiment stamp is a magazine freebie. My die cuts are Nestabilities and the papers are from the Emma's Garden papers by Jennifer Ellory


6 comments:

  1. A lovely pretty card and a fab tip. I need to try this. Thanks for sharing with Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card with a lovely use of die cuts...thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful Die Cuts on this gorgeous card. Love the design and such a cute image.
    Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x
    {Nellie’s Handmade Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever idea for your Top Tip and LOVE your cute girly card too!
    I totally know what you mean about heavily embellished cards I have to agree! love your style! thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It and Top Tip Tuesday,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! Love the girly image and the colors

    Thanks for joining Sister Act Card challenge this week

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a great tip, I tend to steer away from black and white as I love my colours too much, but this is a great way to change them. Great card too. I love the pretty pastel blue and sweet image.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Crafty Little Fairies,
    Top Tip Tuesday,
    ABC Christmas,
    As You Like It,
    Pink Gem Designs,
    The Stamp Basket, and
    Stampfairy.

    ReplyDelete