Followers

Friday, 7 February 2014

Love is all around

The first challenge that I'm entering this card into is at As You Like It where they're asking you to make a card in your favourite style and explain why it's your favourite

I look at cards which are heavily embellished with lots of layers and flowers and think how gorgeous they are but when I have a go at that style myself I'm never comfortable with what I've made. So my favourite style?  A couple of papers and layers(flat or 3D), a topper again flat or 3D,  using a stamped image that I have coloured with ProMarkers and a sentiment. I don't know if there is a style name for it but I do know that it's not CAS as there is no 'white space' but it is what I would call 'clean and tidy' lol  I am also entering it into the challenged at

Crafty Sentiment Designs for love is in the air

Papertake Weekly anything goes

Paper Pretties #296  Love/Valentine

Sister Act  anything goes

I have made this card with my daughter's wedding anniversary in mind.  I've tried to capture the hair colours as close as I can :o)
The image is from LOTV and I've coloured it using my ever faithful ProMarkers after stamping with Memento.I chose the colour palette from the colours in the lower background paper which is from My Mind's Eye, the top paper is from Webster's Pages.  I was really lucky in that I had the right colour green card for matting.  If I hadn't I would have coloured it to match using ProMarkers.  I used Nestabilities dies and my Grand Calibur for the topper and sentiment, mounting them with 3D foam


8 comments:

  1. What a very sweet anniversary card. I love your coloring and the pretty papers you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute card, love the papers
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,fabulous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. super card - love that image and beautiful dps - thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi margaret! this card is SO cute i can hardly stand it!! your daughter and her special guy will love it!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the long shaped card for this cute image! Great coloring as well. Thanks so much for playing this week at Crafty Sentiments:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card love the LOTV image. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week for our 'Love is in the Air' challenge xx

    ReplyDelete