Followers

Monday, 3 February 2014

A little bit of lace

I have got yards and yards of lace in my stash but it is something that I very rarely use. I have told myself that I have got to start using more of  the items that are lurking in my stash just waiting to see the light of day. I am entering this card into the challenges at

Divas by Design  vintage with lace

Paper Pretties #295  texture


I always have difficulty with tent fold landscape cards in that they seem to want to collapse with very little encouragement.  I now do most of them by joining two pieces of card along the short edge.
I used an A4 embossing folder from Die 'sire, Dottie to give texture to the card with my Grand Calibur.  I then used Tim Holtz distress ink pad weathered wood to swipe over the card to give definition to the dots. About an inch in from the left side of the front card I made a crease to allow the card to be opened more easily. I joined the front and the back of the cards by punching two holes in the border and tying some lace through them.  Using my Crop-a-dile corner chomper I rounded the corners of the card.  The blue panel was made from Papermania textured card which I die cut using the Grand Calibur and Spellbinder's Decorative Labels #8.  The postcard is a stamp from Crafty Individuals using Memento ink and coloured using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I added Card Candy which was originally white but coloured using a Promarker. There is definitely a great deal of texture to this card.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring of that image and a very pretty card to share with us at Divas, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous,fab image and design.x

    ReplyDelete