Followers

Saturday, 4 January 2014

Shades of Blue

Welcome to my first post of 2014 and I wish you the very best for the year ahead!

I finally finished making all my cards in time for Christmas but due to commitments I wasn't able to blog them all so I do have a little stockpile of cards to show you.
I'm entering this card for the challenges at
Less is More #153 Shades of blue
Allsorts #240  Free and easy
The Pink Elephant #231  Anything goes
Christmas Card Challenge #5  Anything goes


The inspiration for this card came from a Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine.

I created a 6" x 6" card blank in white and topped it with a DCWV linen look card in the most gorgeous shade of blue, so it's a pity there isn't more of it on show. The next layer uses an embossed card in pearl white. I have this card in a couple of shades of gold, silver, grey and this white.  Unfortunately I don't have much of the white left and I can't remember where I bought it from :( I must try and find it ready for this Christmas lol.  The teabag folded tree paper was from a Crafter's Companion sample disc.The tree was topped with a peeloff star and I drew faux stitching to the white card, adding a Dovecraft stamp sentiment stamped using memento ink pad. To finish the card I painted glitter glue around the edge of the white card and painted the tree completely which has given it a lovely iridescent finish.


8 comments:

  1. Oh Margaret, this is stunning! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply SPLENDID

    Happy 2014

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Margaret, Happy and Creative New Year!
    Fantastic card, i like your technique for your christmas tree, gorgeous work, well done.
    Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2014! This is a beautiful card, love the paper folding & sparkle. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty tree Margaret!
    Super card.
    Happy New Year!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a fab tree

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete