Followers

Saturday, 11 January 2014

Clean and Simple

I quite enjoy doing CAS cards.  I love the look of heavily embellished cards but I'm never pleased with my own efforts.  My normal style lies somewhere in between.  I'm entering this card into the following challenges

Addicted to CAS challenge #29 to use dies

ABC Christmas anything for Christmas

Top Tip Tuesday Clean and simple

Christmas Card Challenge 2014 an option for this challenge is no colouring


Even though the Spellbinder's dies that I have used aren't strictly snowflakes I have used them as if they are.  I think they worked very well.  I made an A5 card blank and layered black and white panels on which I then mounted the snowflakes.  To do this I have used Letratac by Letraset.  I find this ideal for adhering fine and flimsy items as it is a dry adhesive.  The sentiment is a Clarity stamp mounted on to black card with a snowflake charm and then attached it to the card using 3D foam pads


10 comments:

  1. A very elegant CAS card Margaret - the black and white combination is so classy, and I love the die-cuts.
    Thank you for joining us at ATCAS - hope to see you again next time!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret. Love the black and white combo - so elegant. The snowflake charm is a beautiful detail. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Margaret! The black and white is such a striking combination, and I love the little snowflake charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous, elegant card. At times, I overthink my cards, but you've reminded me that simple can often be more classy and elegant. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card :) thanks for joining TTT challenge this fortnight!! Steph DT - www.cardmakingpassion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a very elegant card, Margaret! Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret they work fabulously as snowflakes. I love the black and white color scheme. The black really pops off the white. So glad you shared this gorgeous card with ATCAS this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely C&S design! love the black and white! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete