Followers

Saturday, 11 January 2014

Anything Christmas

This week's challenge at  ABC Christmas is for anything Christmas so it's giving me a chance to showcase some of my Christmas sewing projects.

We went to York one day in the summer and I paid a visit to The Viking Loom as I normally do.  I've always done hobbies with needles as well as paper craft.  I purchased a printed fabric panel which had many Christmas pictures just waiting to be stitched into Christmas ornaments. I sandwiched some lightweight wadding between the pictures, which I cut out roughly first, and some backing fabric.  I then stitched the outlines using clear thread which made the picture go into relief.  On the back of them, near the bottom, I had stitched a button which makes it possible to hang the pictures together. These three I gave to my son and his family.  I did stitch a nativity scene for us and it was only when it had been packed away and up in the loft did I remember that I hadn't photographed it!!  I still have quite a few left to stitch and I'm hoping to get them all stitched (and photographed!) ready for this Christmas











7 comments:

  1. These are just so adorable! I love the dimension the sewing and padding give the images. Very bright and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, these are totally adorable! What great gifts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous decorations !! I always visit York when I come home ,,, will have to check out this store ! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a stones throw away from the Minster, easy to find
      Margaret xx

      Delete
  4. Oh these are real treasures love the images and so beautifully made!! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete