Followers

Saturday, 25 January 2014

Another CAS card

I'm not one for adding lots of embellishments so I do make quite a few CAS cards. I really enjoy the challenge of one layer cards and this one uses the masking technique and I particularly like this design.  I have used it in lots of different colours, this one being my favourite. I'm entering it into the challenge at

As You Like It   a CAS card


To start this card I used the focal stamp from Inkylicious and cabin fever ink pad from Adirondack. I stamped it again on a post-it note, cut it out and placed it over the image on the card. Leaving it in place I added a torn strip of paper to the right hand side of the card with the torn edge slightly off centre. I used a few different ink pads from Tim Holtz and Adirondack to create a mottled border.  I then used a script stamp by Artimeo and the Rusty hinge DI from Tim Holtz over the top. After removing both masks I stamped a sentiment, a magazine freebie, using the cabin fever pad and then used a grey Promarker to create a shadow on the bottom and right hand side of the image.  This gives the effect of the image being raised on foam pads,



4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,love it,fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Margaret,
    It's a joy to stop by your blog for the first time. Was searching the web for Christian blogs and found yours :). Your looks beautiful. Pretty vintage type. I'm your newest follower too :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sarah. I'm pleased that you have found me and decided to follow me. I didn't do much blogging last year but I'm planning to remedy that this year :o) xx

      Delete
  3. What a fab CAS card, thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It and Good Luck! Sarah

    ReplyDelete