Followers

Thursday, 5 December 2013

A Christmas Carol

At long last I've motivated myself to make some cards. The first ones I'm posting are being entered into the challenges at

Word Art Wednesday #109  As always an anything goes challenge with the option of using the free scripture that is provided

Allsorts #235 to be inspired by a Christmas song or carol

Divas by Design  Feeling Festive

Papertake Weekly  Anything goes

Paper Pretties Wednesday challenge #287  Christmas


I love this stamp by Woodware, in fact it was a card I saw at a show using the stamp that inspired me to buy it.  I cased the design for the red card and I added Glamour Dust to the rooftops to give a bit of sparkle.  for the blue card I used a waterbrush over the image to give a water colour effect, quite liked this effect so might do some more in different colours. For the green card I coloured it with ProMarkers and used gilding flakes in variegated copper on the roof tops. I mounted it centrally onto a lovely pearlised card which was embossed, pity it doesn't show up on this picture.  I used Memento ink pads to stamp all the images and the papers, ribbon and foam pads from my stash


5 comments:

  1. The stamp is certainly great. The true art lies in your creativity. So different yet all from the same stamp. Thank you for entering this wonderful work of art with us
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    PS You can post 5 AG cards with a family friendly theme and sentiment every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really delightful creations for our theme this week, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of cards, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Margaret! It's always a special treat to have you join us and I pray that God will bless you for sharing. Have a great week!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. great festive cards...thanks for playing with us at Divas by Design!
    ♥♥♥ Margreet

    ReplyDelete