Followers

Thursday, 18 April 2013

LIM #115

It's been quite a while since I entered into a challenge at Less is More but as soon as I saw the challenge requirements I knew the card I had to make.  The card is to be one layer and is to be film based and we've been asked to give the name of the film, especially if it is an obscure one. My card couldn't be any more cas using just one ink pad from Memento and two stamps.  The seagull stamp is by Crafty Individuals and the sentiment from Woodware tiny phrases set.

I very much doubt that anyone will guess the name of the film correctly so here is the title and a brief description of the film
Johnathon Livingston Seagull taken from the book of the same name by Richard Bach
It's all about a young seagull who wants to fly higher, travel further and dive deeper and faster than any other seagull has done before.  It tells the story of how the rest of the flock treat him because of this and his success at what he does.  It doesn't sound very exciting but it was a film that I had to watch as part of a management training course that I was doing and it really struck a cord with me.  The film is entirely done with film footage of seagulls expertly edited to fit to the narrative.  The soundtrack was by Neil Diamond.  I bought the book after seeing the film, less than 100 pages including photographs, and re-read it every so often.  In fact I might just go and read it now :o)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely CAS card, Margaret, just right for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. clever film margaret!

    thanks for joining us this week

    Jen
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,lovely image and layout.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how clever, and what a lovely stamp. I don't do LIM very often and am amazed at what people have come up with this time, it's beyond my capabilities frankly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card to see! The seagull wonderfull.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry this is such a late visit, but I have been cruising on the Rhine for a week and have just got back.
    It's a super card
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete