Followers

Friday, 11 January 2013

Sewing for Christmas

I've been doing wedding stuff again today so I thought that I would show you some of the presents that I made for Christmas

The first doll that I made was the smaller one for my great niece, Erin, and I really wished that I had done the larger size for her as well as the one for my granddaughter Bronwyne.  The small one was soooo fiddly, doing the arms and legs especially.  The big one was so much easier and I'm pleased to say that they are loved!


My daughter in law, Aisling, loves to wear an apron when she's baking or cooking so I thought that I would make matching ones for her and Bronwyne.  The plain fabric is actually a tiny polka dot print but it doesn't show up in the photo.  They are both reversible and they're wearing opposite sides.  The pockets are done with the main fabric of the reverse.  Bronwyne loved 'helping' us in the kitchen when we made mince pies and Christmas cookies.  They're both wearing their Christmas slippers too, but I didn't make them lol
 .

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photographs Margaret - the dolls are fabulous, and Bronwyne is absolutely adorable! I'm trying to imagine what she was saying - could it have been "no, it wasn't me who ate all the cookies"!!!

    Have a very happy 2013 - hugs, Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin the pinny's! Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations ! Love the dolls, I am not surprised they are loved!

    ReplyDelete