Followers

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Fame at last!!

I have been published in the February issue of Craft Stamper, yeyyyyy!
The project was done to tie in with a challenge from Word Art Wednesday about friendship.  Do check it out, it's a lovely site to visit.  Here's the article


Sorry that I've been absent for a while but life in the Dando household has been a bit hectic of late.  I had made quite a few Christmas presents which took up the time that I would normally on card making or blog hopping.  Plus I spent a week with my daughter in law and granddaughter just two weeks before Christmas.

 Now that we are into the new year I'm now making my daughter's wedding stationery.  She wanted something a bit different to hearts and flowers and decided that their theme was to be penguins!!  I searched and searched for penguin bride and groom but to no avail.  I emailed several companies who did digi stamps  with our dilema and, I'm pleased to say, Di from Di's Digital Downloads came up trumps designing a fabulous bride and groom which we are using on all Elizabeth and Martyn's stationery.  Of course they all need colouring so thank goodness for Letraset and their Promarkers.  So far I've coloured in 124 pair of penguins for the invites and order of service.  The invitations have been posted so we're waiting to see how many are accepted to finalise how many more I need to do.  And, of course, she has to choose a colour that I couldn't find anywhere so I'm using a Promarker to colour the mat layer.  I'm on my third marker now and I'm sure that I'll need another lol

Hopefully everything will settle down now and I can get back into my card making

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous work, Margaret. Congrats on having your work published and Happy New Year. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Margaret, Congrats on being published and wow!!! you've taken on a massive job with all those penguins, LOL. I do like penguins but I'm not sure that I would want to look at another one after colouring in that many!
    They will certainly be memorable.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Margaret! How exciting, and I hope you will link this to our challenge so our other followers can see it. The first week in February's challenge is Proverbs 27:9 which speaks of oil or perfume, and I have been looking for a "perfume" stamp, and this one that you have won would have been perfect. I'm guessing it's a UK company.
    Enjoy this special honor, and thanks for giving Word Art Wednesday a shout-out!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, it is a British company but they do post world wide. http://www.craftyindividuals.co.uk/ The stamp plate is our size A6 which is almost the equivalent of your A2. I'm sure there will be other stamps that you really, really need to buy lol. I love them and have got loads and luckily I don't have the one that I will be getting as my prize

      Margaret xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! You're famous now! What an awesome project. And penguins, crikey, you'll be seeing them in your sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Margaret. Enjoy xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being published, it's a gorgeous project! Hope you are going to post the penguins one day sounds such afun idea!

    ReplyDelete