Followers

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Creative Card Crew #28

Over at The Creative Card Crew our 28th challenge is to make something girly.  I'm sure that you'll all enjoy this challenge using lots of ribbon, lace, flowers and,of course, pink lol.  While I love looking at people's highly embellished cards I have great difficulty in putting one together without it looking as though I've put glue all over the card and thrown everything at it in the hope that it will look good!!!

We have the wonderful Crafty Sentiments Designs 



I have used the rubber stamp, Sweet Treats, which I was lucky enough to win on a past Crafty Sentiments Designs challenge .  I have now sent this card to my niece for her birthday.  I hope that she liked it,


I stamped the image with a black Memento ink pad  and coloured using ProMarkers.  The lightest background paper is from My Mind's Eye and the darker one is possibly a Unity paper. Please let me know if anyone recognises it with the correct info. I used a Memento ink pad to colour the edges of the papers and the card with the image on it.


I decided to do something different to the inside of the card this time.  I used the Papermania Typography stamp Happy Birthday and printed it on to the same light background paper that I had used on the front.  I then cut the words out and stuck them down using Letraset Letratac which is a dry adhesive giving edge to edge adhesion




9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card...love the fab image and papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Margaret, and the inside is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colouring of that sweet image. Pretty card. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, and I just love how you did the happy birthday.

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely darling, Margaret. The inside and outside are wonderful. You're welcome to share this at WAW if you'd like. It's doesn't have to include scripture, and I'd love to see you play along if you'd like to. Hope you're doing well and having a blessed week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this just as much, if not more, as the first time I saw it. Your cards are always darling, and I appreciate having you share with us, Margaret. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have an awesome weekend. I always LOVE seeing your sweet cards shared in our challenges.
      God bless you!
      Karen
      Word Art Wednesday

      Delete
  6. This is a really pretty girly card Margaret your colouring is fab. I love the way you have done the inside. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog. I like the style of your cards I have difficulty adding the embelliishments on mine too
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Margaret,
    Your card is really sweet. The coloring is superb.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday; we love seeing your wonderful art work and appreciate you taking time to join our challenge.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete