Followers

Sunday, 11 November 2012

Young at Heart

I haven't made any cards for challenges of late.  I've been busy doing other things, knitting and sewing mainly, as I am making as many  Christmas presents as I can to use up some of my stash and save pennies too.  I've got so much that I want to do and not much time to do it all.

This card is for the challenge at Allsorts #180 where the challenge is Young at Heart


I enjoyed making this card using decoupage from Jolly Nation, Cuttlebug and embossing folder, mini pom-poms from Papermania   and  peeloffs.  All things that seem to have been in my stash for years!


The card is A5 and I managed to use my Cuttlebug folder to emboss the background paper without leaving a join line.  It's a pity that the patterns on the folders don't line up to do continuous embossing, I'm sure that I would use them more if they did.  I used the iridescent peeloff  snowflakes as centres for the embossed snowflakes


Looking at this photo now I've had the idea to put a 'snowball' in the child's hand

2 comments:

  1. A lovely card Margaret. I too have been using up old stash on my cards of late. It's a really satisfying feeling. Hope you have a good day. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely festive card Margaret, I love the snowballs! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our Young At Heart challenge x

    ReplyDelete