Followers

Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Creative Card Crew #24

At Creative Card Crew our new challenge is anything goes so you've got free reign to be as creative as you want to be!  

We have a lovely new sponsor for this challenge
donkerblauw

And our lucky random draw winner will be receiving this fabby prize

CreativeCC-nov2012

Don't forget to have a look at the fabulous projects from my teamies for lots of inspiration

So here's my card


Compared to everyone else's projects this time my card looks all naked lol
The chicken stamp was a freebie with Craft Stamper magazine a while back and the faux stamp was from a company called Because You're Special a long time ago.  Unfortunately it looks as though they've stopped trading, which is such a shame because their stamps and samples were just fabulous.  I only ever saw them at the Happy Stamper show at Port Sunlight.  So if anyone looks at this and knows where they are please let me know


I stamped the chicken straight on the card and also on a post it note to create a mask.  The next stage was to add the faux stamp.  The stamp is a cube with four different shapes on it and a matching template was available for it with the apertures being slightly smaller than the stamp.  I left the mask in place and used distress inks to create the grass and sky.  I colored the flowers and the chicken with ProMarkers and had to put a liner on the inside of the front cover as the ink seeps through to the other side.  I finished it off with my favourite Woodware Tiny Phrases stamp and DI around the edge of the card

6 comments:

  1. It's amazing sometimes to find how much work goes into a card when the end result looks so beautifully simple. This is lovely Margaret, as a fan of chickens on everything, this is right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fabulous card,gorgeous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card! The image is lovely, and great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a gorgeous card with a wonderful image and colouring!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, I love the cockerel image
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so very lovely! I especialy love the bagground of your image. That´s a really fab technic! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete