Followers

Tuesday, 6 November 2012

Creative Card Crew #23 Blue & Silver

As the title of my post says it is our 23rd challenge at The Creative Card Crew which is to use blue and silver.

Our sponsor for this challenge is the wonderful Simon Says Stamp who are giving our random winner a generous $20 voucher to spend in their store


I love using blue and silver for Christmas so I decided to create a decoration.  I bought a set of four chipboard baubles at Port Sunlight in September but they didn't have a name of a manufacturer


The baubles are in two sizes and this is one of the larger ones at 12 cms across the broadest part.  I covered it with a Forever Friends paper and then went around the edges with a silver pigment ink pad.  I didn't worry about the ink being even, and then dipped it into silver embossing powder and used my heat gun to melt the powder


To create the centre band I used my Memory Box tessatina die with silver and dark blue.  I was careful not to let the the cutouts come away from the frame in the blue card and stuck it across the bauble topping it with the silver frame.  I used Glossy Accents to fill the shapes and added round and square gems to finish 


I decorated the top of the bauble with ribbon, feathers and jingle bells.
I think I'll use this as a wall decoration rather than a tree one because of the size. 

 I'm hoping to get the others done in time for when I go and stay with my daughter in law and granddaughter in five weeks for our "Christmas" with them.  Aisling and Bronwyne will be going to spend Christmas with Aisling's Mum and step Dad with Michael being in Afghanistan

8 comments:

  1. I like the clever use of your tessatina die Margaret. I might have to take a leaf out of your book and try it myself because I love the die. Gorgeous hanging ornament. Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, thanks for your lovely comment. I think this die is so versatile. Try it by pushing out the centre shapes only from the bottom layer for a different look or even carefully trimming the bands to get a single border. I love using it as a corner too by trimming a block of four and then cutting off one of the centre band shapes.

      I think I'll have to have another play with it to see what else I can come up with
      Margaret xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Margaret. I shall have a play with my die and let you know how I get on. This is what I like about blogland -I only started a couple of months ago but everybody is so kind and generous!! Christine x

      Delete
  2. Love this gorgeous bauble.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, the die cut in the middle really sets it off! I have moved from cyprus back to uk [for a while at least!]and have not had internet and my crafty things until recently. I will enjoy catching up on all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Sue. Couldn't you have brought some warmth and sunshine with you? Daughter's boyfriend is coming back from Cyprus tomorrow. They're hoping to get married in May next year so some serious planning to do lol

      Delete
  4. This is really pretty...I love the silver embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Margaret, hope you are well. Sorry for my absence recently. Love your bauble - a beautiful creation! Luv & Hugs, Trish x

    ReplyDelete