Followers

Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Word Art Wednesday Revisited

This week at Word Art Wednesday is, as usual, an anything goes challenge.  Scriptural word art is provided for you to download but you don't have to use it for the challenge

When I first started entering the challenges I was making cards and plaques using the word art.  I soon reached the point where I didn't have anyone left to give them to.  I decided to make a journal and make my projects in there, although after starting this I did do a couple of cards and plaques which aren't included here.  I thought that today I would have a look back at my book as it is now full and I'm in the process of making a new journal


I was really pleased with my journal cover and my first page with the Mother Theresa quote was exactly as I wanted it.  Soft and delicate and using some tiny stamps that usually get forgotten about!


I then decided to try something completely different to my normal style using acrylic paints, lace and a doily.  Unfortunately I thought that it just looked a mess so wouldn't try that again in a hurry lol.  Now, the lighthouse one turned out, to me, to be perfect   


The pink and blue floral page is not quite as bright in real life as it looks in the photo and is another one that I don't like.  When I've done something a bit different I always go back to the style of card that I enjoy.  After I had done the butterfly page I wished that I had done it to be framed as a picture.  I couldn't recreate it as I didn't have any more of the paper or butterflies


A lot of work went into the brown and green page, cutting out different stripes from my scraps box.  I was so pleased with the way my next page turned out and felt that, at long last, I had created a piece of art by drawing the figure and hearts!


The next two cards are a paper variation of patchwork quilting that I have got back into making.  Another big box needed for my fabric stash which is growing faster than I can stitch it up lol.


The left hand card is done using paper-piecing which is yet another favourite technique.  The clematis on the next page can easily double up as poinsettia for Christmas cards 


The pink page was done using scraps from a Crafty Individuals paper pad and used some of their stamps too.  The purple one saw me using another forgotten product, Stickeroos from Penny Black


HOTP papers and Ippity Stamps by Unity teamed up for the green page while papers to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee were used on the next one


I dusted off my Cuttlebug flowers die and used white debossed circles for the centres. My final entry in the journal will definitely be an inspiration for male cards.  The papers were made using a Kameo Cards cd that hadn't seen the light of day for a good while!

So there it is, complete.  I hope that I haven't bored you with all these photos and that maybe someone somewhere might just find a spark of inspiration from them

Thanks for taking the time to look at them all

Margaret xx

10 comments:

  1. Your cards and journal pages are SUCH a beautiful display of your talent, Margaret, and I feel SO blessed that you have shared each and every one with us. I miss you so much when you're unable to join us. Hope you're doing super well, and it's great to see your sweet art again today! Have a great week!
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Karen. Without Word Art Wednesday and Lori from http://elviestudio.blogspot.co.uk/ I doubt that I would have been adventurous enough to think about making a journal

      Margaret xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful colours. Great design and attention to detail. Hugs Desíre {Doing Life - my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous idea Margaret. Wonderful verses of scripture and inspirational quotes. Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are brilliant, Margaret. I think doing it in a book is such a good idea, but am nervous about how to go about it. Your pages have given me confidence as I'd like to do something similar. I even like the pages you're not keen on! I think that means there's no actual 'wrong' way of doing it, then, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I'll message you on FB later

      Margaret xx

      Delete
  5. This is wonderful! I love the flowers on the cover. Just scrappy goodness. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book is beautiful, ,every page is great but my favourite is the one with the hearts and figure-wonderful! A lovely keepsake.

    ReplyDelete