Followers

Saturday, 22 September 2012

Word Art Wednesday #46

When I looked at the challenges for Stampin' Sisters in Christ and Word Art Wednesday I knew exactly what I wanted to do and I'm really pleased with the result.  I didn't do this design in my journal as I wanted it to be a gift for a friend who has a birthday coming up


Stamping the leaf in different colours on different coloured papers worked so well for autumn leaves.  The background paper already had a faint leaf design on it and I pulled everything together by inking the edges of the plaque with the Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink, my favourite colour of the Memento inks


The hardest part of making this was trying to arrange the leaves in a haphazard way, as though the wind had blew them there.  I used rough string as the hanger to keep the rustic look

Materials used

Word Art from Word Art Wednesday printed on to
Safmat from Letraset
The base plaque is a page from a Papermania chipboard book
Papers all from a Costco 12x12 heavy weight paper pack
Stamp free with Craft Stamper magazine
Various Memento, Adirondack and Tim Holtz Distress ink pads
Piece of string
Leaves attached using hot glue gun

6 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love all the leaves .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great Autumm project, Margaret. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us again this week at Word Art Wednesday. You always bless us with your awesome art!
    Hugs,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this is so beautiful. I am sure your friend is going to appreciate your work and your friendship. We all know that true friends comes from above...Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday. God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburyburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice! What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really crossing my fingers and saying a prayer for this hop. I have a particular digi from Robyn's Fetish that I have my eye on and really want, so this is my chance! Thanks for doing the hop. I'm hoping for the best.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete