Followers

Friday, 28 September 2012

Crafty Individuals September challenge

As always, on the last minute with a challenge entry.  I tried to upload it yesterday but my internet kept going off.  This project, for Crafty Individuals is the fruit of a sleepless night, at 2am eventually decided to get up and do something rather than laying awake listening to hubby snoring.  You don't realise how noisy crafting is until you do some in the middle of a night and trying not to wake everyone else up lol


This is one of the mini printer's tray from Crafty Individuals and is perfect for small stamps, again all from CI and the paper too


I painted the tray with white acrylic paint before adding the papers.  I also stamped the dragonfly on to acetate which I coloured on the reverse with Promarkers.  We've had quite a few dragonflies in the garden this year and the majority have the most beautiful iridescent blue and purple which is why I've coloured this one in those colours.  I used Promarkers to colour the little bird house


A close up showing the acetate wings which I had cut from the full image

Materials used

Stamps, papers and tray from Crafty Indivuals
White acrylic paint
Promarkers
Stazon ink pad
Acetate

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous creation Margaret,love the stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a amazing project! I´m shure you have spend much time colouring and aranging all this. I love it! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Margaret! I have been desperate for a printer's tray, I've looked on ebay but they're much too big. Thanks for sharing this, I'll have to have a look. How big is each square?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane The little tray is 75mm x 90mm and was terribly expensive at 99p lol http://www.craftyindividuals.com/cgi-bin/shop_products.cgi?367 and they do have the proper chipboard printed trays that are not overly large or expensive. I can highly recommend CI their service and products are A1
      Will be paying them a visit at Port Sunlight tomorrow :)

      Margaret xx

      Delete
  4. Great little embellished tray Margaret - lovely result from a sleepless night! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Individuals. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Margaret.
    Thanks so much for the beautiful wedding card. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely use of the CI stamps on your little tray.
    Thank you for sharing with us at the CI Challenge.
    WIshes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your pretty embellished tray which reminded me that have one of these in the drawer and had totally forgotten about it. x

    ReplyDelete