Followers

Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Word Art Wednesday #41

For each challenge at Word Art Wednesday Karen supplies a freebie Bible verse or inspirational quote.  You can download it for use in any project but are not restricted to use it in the challenge.  You can use any Biblical or inspirational verse that you wish.

With this in mind I have opted not to use this week's quote by Mother Teresa but to use a Bible verse instead, Joshua 24:15


I usually colour this image with my Promarkers but decided to paper piece it this time using scraps of paper


By paper piecing it has added depth to the image so that you can "see" through the windows to the room beyond.  It shows that you don't need to add gel or foam pads to lift a design


I love the fonts that are used for the sentiment and , of course, no project is complete without using inks to distress the edges of the papers lol

Materials used

House and sentiment stamp from Ippity
Heart stamp from Hero Arts
Memento ink pads
Background papers from HOTP
House papers from scraps box

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, Margaret. The paper piecing is great and the little house goes well with the verse . Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Margaret,what a great image, love the paper piecing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool, Margaret. I'm always so blessed to see your beautiful art in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. Thanks for joining us and have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Margaret. I totally know what you mean about the blessings vs. the down-side of large numbers of entries in challenges. This is the main reason, I believe, why I've never won ANY challenge ANYWHERE (Creative Card Crew or other) where Simon Says Stamp is the sponsor. Everyone seems to flock to those challenges, and so....the odds are somewhat against you. Nonetheless, I count it SUCH a huge blessing that God has allowed WAW to grow in participation. It's been a lot of work, but I truly want more people to grow their relationships with the Lord through our blog. So, if that means we get more entries and people get closer to the Lord, it's totally worth that "down-side". I'm sure you agree. Thank you SO MUCH for your faithful participation. You are SUCH a blessing to me, and to WAW, and I am grateful to you for this beyond words. God is just SO GOOD.
    Hope you're having a great week. Chat with you soon.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete