Followers

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

Flowers for Divas by Design

This week's challenge at Divas by Design is to use flowers.  A week or so ago I mentioned that I had bought some fabric when I was holiday.  I have finished my bag now so I'm entering it into the challenge.  I hope that it qualifies with it being "any other project"



Everything I needed to make my bag and a picture of the bag.


I'm really chuffed that it looks exactly like the original


A close up of the slider buckle to adjust the length of the strap.  I did worry that I would put it together the wrong way round and the buckle would be on the underside but it was ok, phew!


I covered the button with the main fabric ensuring that a flower motif was central on the button.  Pleased with the pleats too, they lined up perfectly.  What you can't see is the magnetic closure, another first for me, and a zipped pocket on the inside.  

Materials used

Pale green lining fabric
Solid colour fabric for contrast
Floral main fabric 
Zip
Magnetic closure
Self cover button
D rings for strap attachment
Slider buckle to adjust strap length


6 comments:

  1. A gorgeous bag Margaret,love the material.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning, I love the choice of fabric and the finished bag is gorgeous

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out beautifully! Gorgeous work

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bag....thanks for joining the Divas!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what a pretty bag.. i love that cute little covered button
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's
    LISA x
    Ps.. have you seen this new challenge blog
    http://heckofachallenge.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a gorgeous bag, so clever! Thanks for joining us at Divas!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete