Wednesday, 1 August 2012
Flowers for Divas by Design
This week's challenge at Divas by Design is to use flowers. A week or so ago I mentioned that I had bought some fabric when I was holiday. I have finished my bag now so I'm entering it into the challenge. I hope that it qualifies with it being "any other project"
Everything I needed to make my bag and a picture of the bag.
I'm really chuffed that it looks exactly like the original
A close up of the slider buckle to adjust the length of the strap. I did worry that I would put it together the wrong way round and the buckle would be on the underside but it was ok, phew!
I covered the button with the main fabric ensuring that a flower motif was central on the button. Pleased with the pleats too, they lined up perfectly. What you can't see is the magnetic closure, another first for me, and a zipped pocket on the inside.
Pale green lining fabric
Solid colour fabric for contrast
Floral main fabric
Self cover button
D rings for strap attachment
Slider buckle to adjust strap length